Wednesday 18 March 2015

Super Moisturizing DIY Honey, Sugar, and Vitamin C Face Mask

Are you looking for natural, healthy skin masks or scrubs that work beautifully? Why not try this honey, vitamin C and sugar face mask/scrub.


A few weeks ago I posted about my skin journey and the things I learned along the way. In my teenage years, I suffered from acne. Not just a pimple here and there, but ALL OVER my face, ALL THE TIME. I didn't want to go out  or see people because I was too embarrassed. 

After a LOT of trial and error and doing a LOT of research I finally came to an understanding about my skin. The key and what finally worked for me (and worked wonders, I might add) was using hemp seed oil for oil cleansing.

This is still my primary skin care routine, however, once in awhile I feel the need to spoil myself a little. If my skin has been feeling particularly dry or I find I need some extra exfoliating and the oil cleaning is just not quite cutting it, I'll indulge in my honey, sugar and Vit. C face mask. It's super easy, all natural and leaves my skin feeling wonderfully soft, glowing and surprisingly (for how moisturizing honeys is) matte.

Before I get into the details I just want to put a little precaution about the Vit. C. I've heard that it can irritate some sensitive skin types so do try a patch test first. Also it may make your skin photosensitive (sensitive to sunlight) so I would advise against doing this right before going out into the sun.

One other point, the brown sugar I use in my scrub is very fine grained. I've tried with the larger grain but I felt like it was just too rough for my skin. Here's an example:


You'll need, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, one teaspoon of powdered Vitamin C, one large tablespoon of liquid honey. Mix it all up into a paste


and start smearing it all over your face and neck (don't forget to add it to your lips as well, it's a wonderful lip scrub). If it doesn't spread easily, don't worry, soon the warmth from your skin will help it go on smoother. 


I'll admit, it looks totally gross, but the softness of your skin afterward is so worth it. I like to rub in very gentle circles and then I give myself a little massage with two fingers "tapping" all over my skin which helps bring the blood to the surface and feels really relaxing. I usually leave it on for about 10 minutes. 

Rinse with tepid water and enjoy that smooth softness. My skin is a little red here from the washing, but that'll fade in a few minutes. 


All little bit of blush and mascara later (probably should have used some concealer for those lovely under eye circles...):


I hope you'll try it as I think you'll love it, and I'd absolutely love to hear your thoughts on it. xx






No comments :

Post a Comment